At TBK Bank, SSB we proudly support the charities and civic organizations within the communities we serve and encourage our employees to do the same. Through volunteering during festivals and events, coaching and managing youth sports, and serving on the boards of directors and committees at many area schools, hospitals, and community groups, TBK Bank hopes that in giving back, we can build strong, safe, and healthy communities for years to come.
If your community has made a great impact on you, consider giving back this fall! There are so many ways to get involved, here are just a few ideas to get you started!
- Organize a community blood drive
- Send cards to soldiers serving overseas
- For your next birthday, ask for charitable donations instead of gifts
- Hold a bake sale and give the proceeds to your favorite charity
- Participate in a charity 5K
- Organize a car wash and donate the profits
- Help deliver meals and gifts to patients at a local hospital
- Collect used sports equipment to donate to families and after-school programs
- Coach a youth sports team
- Donate used children’s books to a school library
- Read to residents at a nursing home
- Deliver groceries and meals to elderly neighbors
- Take care of cats and dogs at an animal shelter
- Train your pet to be a therapy animal and bring it to hospitals or nursing homes
- Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
- Donate your old clothes
- Donate non-perishable food to a food bank
- Donate blankets to a homeless shelter
- Make “care kits” with shampoo, toothbrushes, combs, etc. to donate to homeless shelters
- Organize a winter clothes drive to collect coats, hats, scarves, and gloves to be donated
- Make first aid kits for homeless shelters
Big or small, your service to your community can make a BIG impact! For more ideas on how to get involved, check out our Facebook page.